- Travel of Kyivan Prince Oleh to Constantinople.
- Treaty between Prince Oleh and the Byzantine Empire.
- Campaigns of the Rus' to Transcaucas and the Caspian Sea
- Campaigns of Prince Ihor to Constantinople and the Transcaucas.
- Treaty between Prince Ihor and the Byzantine Empire. Mention of
Christianity in Rus'.
- Olha (first Christian on the Kyivan throne) in Constantinople
- Mission of Bishop Adalbert to Kyiv.
- Campaigns of Sviatoslav. Confrontations with the Khazars; expansion
to the Volga and the Danube. †Sviatoslav died in conflict with the
- Kyivan Mission tof prince Yarpolka to Emperor Otto in Kvedlinburg.
- Papal missions to Kyiv.
- c. 980-1015
- Kyivan prince Volodymyr.
- Prince Volodymyr the Great annexes the Chervenski areas.
- Christian conversion of Rus'. Marriage of Volodymyr and Byzantine Prince Anna.
- Construction of the the Desiatynna Church - first stone church.
- Destruction of the Moravian kingdom by the Magyars. Break between the
northern and southern Slavs.
- 913, 922 & 924
- Symeon, "Tsar of Romas and Bulgars encircles Constantinople.
- Vaclav, Czech prince.
- Croat kingdom in Tomyslav.
- First citation about Poland.
- Conversion to Christianity of Poland (Mieshko I).
- First Polish diocese in Poznan.
- Establishment of of the diocese in Prague (-1344
under the authority of the Archbishop of Mainz).
- c. 975
- Baptism of Geiz in Hungary († 997).
- Boleslav the Brave of Poland; Polish hegemony over the Slavs.
- Norman principality in France.
- The last of eastern Carolingians.
- Reign of Constatine VII Porphyrogenitus.
- Saxon Dynasty in Germany
- Cordovan caliphate in Spain.
- Otto the Great in Germany.
- Establishment of the Brandenburg eparchy.
- Defeat of the Magyars at Lekh.
- Coronation of Otto the Great. Beginning of Holy Roman Empire (-1806).
- Arabs flee Cyprus.
- Babenburgs in Austria (-1246).
- Reign of Basil II, Eastern Roman Emperor.
- Otto III in Germany.
- Last of the western Carolingians. Capet dynasty in France (-1328).