|Visa Exemptions||Visa Types||How, When & Where to Apply|
|Required Documents||Business Visa||Humanitarian Aid Workers|
|Tourist Visa||Private Visa||Transit Visa|
|Visa Validity Period||Number of Entries per Visa||Travel Itinerary|
|Visa Extension||Visa Adjustments||Processing Time|
|Visa Fees||Visa Issuance Procedures||Registration in Ukraine|
|Fee Waiver in special circumstances|
|Visa Application Form|
PLEASE, FIND INFORMATION ABOUT THE ONLY NON STOP FLIGHT TO KYIV, UKRAINE
[Questions about Visas][Consulate Homepage]
1.A VISA IS NOT REQUIRED for holders of: (a) diplomatic, official/service or regular travel passports of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan; ( b ) diplomatic passports for citizens of Europian Union member-states (Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spaine, Sweeden) who is visiting Ukraine on business up to 90 days of staying in Ukraine; ( c ) Estonian and Israeli diplomatic passports; ( d )diplomatic and official/service passports of Argentina, Bosnia/Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Hungary, Iran, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mongolia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Vietnam and Yugoslavia; ( e ) regular travel passports of Bosnia/Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cuba, Czech Republic, Hungary, Macedonia, Mongolia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Yugoslavia traveling to Ukraine from countries of their citizenship with documents specified in paragraph 7.
Due to the specifics of pertinent visa agreements all passport-holders listed in sub-paragraphs ( c ), ( d ) and ( e ) must still call the Consulate General for further clarification.
2. Qualified personnel assigned on a permanent or temporary basis to diplomatic and consular missions of foreign countries in Ukraine and also missions of other US government organizations, household servants of the above-mentioned diplomatic and consular personnel , as well as non-accompanying immediate family members, relatives and guests of all the above personnel having official letters of invitation from respective US missions and representations in Ukraine for a visit of a limited duration, and bearers of diplomatic passports intending to enter Ukraine for any other purpose are requested to call the Consulate General of Ukraine in New York before submitting their applications.
3. ALL OTHERS SHOULD CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING AND SUBMIT ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. FAILURE TO COMPLY OR PROVIDING INCORRECT OR MISLEADING INFORMATION WILL RESULT IN THE RETURN OF THE APPLICATION UNPROCESSED.
The Letter of Invitation is no longer required for citizens of USA, Canada, European Union, Japan and Turkey.
4.VISA TYPES: Based on the purpose of entry, a BUSINESS, TOURIST, SPORT, PRIVATE or TRANSIT VISA is granted. IMPORTANT: Since only one type of visa is issued per entry, the primary purpose of entry should be stated in the Application form and, if needed, the supporting document related to this purpose must be provided .
5. HOW, WHEN AND WHERE TO APPLY: Each of the above visas may be applied for at the most convenient Ukrainian consular office on the Visa Application Form..Such Form may be received by an individual traveler to Ukraine, either appearing at the Consular Office in person or requesting the form by mail. When requesting the form by mail, please enclose a return self-addressed prepaid envelope. At the New York Consulate General applications are accepted in person only between 9:30 AM and 12:30 PM, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (no applications are accepted on Wednesday). For applicants' convenience, documents may be submitted to the Consulate General by mail, messenger or courier (Express mail, Priority mail, FedEx, UPS or others; no DHL, please) services. Any application received on Saturday, Sunday or legal Ukrainian holidays (January 1 & 7, March 8, Orthodox Eastern, May 1-2 & 9, June 28, August 24) or US observed holidays will be considered received on the next business day. IN THE US ALL VISAS MAY ALSO BE APPLIED FOR AT: the Embassy of Ukraine (3350 M St., NW, Washington, D.C. 20007, tel. (202) 333 7507, fax (202) 333 7510, if you are applying for a visa through the Embassy of Ukraine, please make Money Order payable to the Embassy of Ukraine only) and the Consulate General of Ukraine in Chicago (10 E, Huron St., Chicago, IL, 60611, tel.(312) 642 4388, fax (312) 642 4385).
6. FOR ALL VISAS THE FOLLOWING MUST BE SUBMITTED: ( a ) ORIGINAL PASSPORT or TRAVEL DOCUMENT, both hereinafter referred to as "THE TRAVEL DOCUMENT", valid for at least one month after the expiration date of the requested visa and having a blank visa page; ( b ) ONE ORIGINAL VISA APPLICATION FORM PER TRAVEL DOCUMENT HOLDER - answered completely and legibly typed or printed in ink in block letters, dated and personally signed by the applicant aged 16 or over or by a parent or a legal guardian of the applicant under 16 ( a child included in an adult's travel document must be included in the adult's visa application form with a photograph and will be listed on adult's visa ); ( c ) ONE PHOTOGRAPH - recent, passport-sized, resembling applicant's travel document photo.
7. TOGETHER WITH ALL ITEMS LISTED ABOVE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS, each hereinafter referred to as "the supporting document", RELATED TO THE PURPOSE OF ENTRY, MUST BE SUBMITTED IN SUPPORT OF THE APPLICATION FOR:
A)STUDENT VISA: 1) An invitation (legible fax version accepted) from the Institution which invits alone with the conformation from the Ministry of Education of Ukraine. IMPORTANT: 2) A letter of invitation from a Ukrainian religious organization for a foreign missionary must contain or be accompanied by a written confirmation under the signature and seal of a responsible official of the State Committee of Ukraine on Religious Matters or of the department on religious matters of a regional or city administration depending on where the sponsoring organization is registered..
HUMANITARIAN AID, a visa is issued on the basis of a letter of support from the Committee on Humanitarian Aid of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, or of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea or from a similar institution of an Oblast (Province), or of Kyiv or Sevastopol State Administrations.
B)TOURIST VISA - a request for a visa typed on a travel agency's letterhead, signed by its manager and accompanied with a printed itinerary of the applicant's visit listing the cities and/or towns to be visited and the name (-s) of hotel (-s) the tourist will be staying at, exact dates of accommodation with confirmation number (-s) as well as the consular reference number (-s) of the Ukrainian travel agency (-ies) which will provide services to the tourist in Ukraine.
C)PRIVATE VISA: 1) for a home stay visit - the letter of invitation is no longer required. 2)for a burial site visit - an original Ukrainian Red Cross official confirmation of an existing grave of the applicant's blood relative; 3) for medical treatment - an official notification from the medical institution providing treatment to the applicant ; 4) for employment ( including lecturing ) for period (-s) each exceeding three consecutive months-a labor authorization document - "Дозвіл на працевлаштування" (DOZVIL NA PRATSEVLASHTUVANNIA) in the name of the applicant issued by the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy of Ukraine and obtained for him/her in advance by the employer in Ukraine (a business visa is required for each entry with the same purpose for a period (-s) under three months). IMPORTANT: Those wishing to enter Ukraine for PERMANENT RESIDENCE should call the Consulate General for further clarification before submitting an application.
D)TRANSIT VISA - a valid visa to the next country to be entered or, if such is not required, other documents which confirm entry into that country or a confirmed one way or round trip ticket for train or ship travel from the point of entry into Ukraine to the point of entry into the next country from Ukraine or if traveling by an automobile - a statement of the owner of the automobile. This visa does not authorize applicant's stay in Ukraine and is not required for a non-stop flight over Ukraine.
8. VISA DURATION: a SINGLE or DOUBLE-ENTRY BUSINESS or TOURIST VISA - up to 6 months for US citizens and up to 3 months for non US nationals and stateless persons; a SINGLE-ENTRY PRIVATE VISA - up to 3 months for a home stay or medical treatment visit and up to 2 weeks (once per a calendar year) for a burial site visit for all nationals and stateless persons; a MULTIPLE ENTRY BUSINESS VISA - up to 3 years for US citizens and up to 6 months for other nationals (stateless persons must apply for this visa in Ukraine) ; a TRANSIT VISA - 5 days (a period of time sufficient to cross Ukraine by train, ship, automobile or other mode of transportation). IMPORTANT: the approved length of stay in the visa is determined in each case by the period indicated on the application form but in no case can it exceed the period of time indicated in the supporting document.
9.VISA ENTRIES: According to the request contained in the supporting document, a DOUBLE ENTRY BUSINESS, TOURIST, and a TRANSIT visa or a MULTIPLE ENTRY BUSINESS visa (which entitles the holder to unlimited entries) can be issued by the Consulare office.
10.THE ITINERARY listed on the visa will be identical to the itinerary indicated on the supporting document.
11. EXTENSION OF A VISA: Each visa except a multiple entry business visa can be extended in Ukraine at the request of a sponsor by an appropriate institution which should be known to the sponsor, or by the Consulate General within its respective maximum validity period indicated in paragraph 8 provided that it has been originally issued by the Consulate General, submitted for extension to the Consulate General before its expiration date, and that its extension is substantiated by the supporting document.
12.ADJUSTMENT TO A VISA: After a visa is received, it should be checked for accuracy and returned to the Consulate General, if necessary, for corrections. The Consulate General shall not be responsible for any discrepancies which were not brought to its attention. If there is a necessity to adjust a visa, it may be done as long as it is permitted by the supporting document.
13.PROCESSING TIME: The turnaround time for "REGULAR" visa service is 6 to 9 business days, "RUSH" service - 3 business days, "IMMEDIATE" service - same or next business day. IMPORTANT: (a) Since issuance of a multiple-entry business visa requires authorization from Ukraine, the application should be made at least nine business days in advance of the expected start of travel. ( b ) To ensure timely issuance of a visa needed on an "IMMEDIATE" basis, it is required to provide to the Consulate General an original or a clear photocopy of the applicant's airline ticket.
15. VISA RELEASING: When an application is submitted in person a numbered receipt is issued to the submitter. This receipt should be presented at the Consulate General when the visa is claimed. The travel document will be released to the submitter of the receipt unless other written notarized instructions have been provided by its owner or other submitter at the time of the application. If the receipt is lost the travel document will be released to its holder or at the written notarized request of the holder to his/her appointee.
If the travel document is to be sent back, a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope is required from the submitter. When there is no enclosed prepaid, self-addressed return envelope or air bill, the travel document can upon its owner or other submitter notarized request, be kept at the Consulate General without charge for personal pickl. If no instruction has been given, the travel document not submitted in person will be held at the Consulate General also gratis until instructions are forthcoming. The Consulate General is not responsible for lost, damaged, misdirected, or late - delivered mail.
16. REGISTRATION IN UKRAINE: According to the Decree of the President of Ukraine L.Kuchma the registration with local authorities of foreign citizens temporary visiting Ukraine and their passports is no longer required as of July 1, 2001.
Last modified on February 24, 2000