Re: visit to Ukraine

Gala Presentation Opera Cavalleria Rusticana ...
Gala Presentation Opera Cavalleria Rusticana ...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ BRAMA Travel Tips Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Natasha on February 02, 2001 at 18:38:38:

In Reply to: Re: visit to Ukraine posted by Vaquero on February 02, 2001 at 18:08:45:

If you do not have the PMZh stamp in your Ukrainian passport you can have problems leaving the Ukraine. The bribes people pay at the border point to get out vary from $15 up to a few hundreds of dollars.
The way to avoid this problem is to go through the country for which Ukrainians do not require visas ( Russia, Poland) or get a re-entry permit from the INS and put a visa into it. To be on the safe side why not to call the immigration office at the airport where you are going to arrive to get the most detailed info on what you can expect? This is what I did and I opted for the re-entry permit and the visa to avoid any problems in the Ukraine. Rules do change there and it is worth checking what is new every time you plan to go home.

: You need absolutely no papers or visa from the US because you are a permanent resident. You may travel to/from the US like a US citizen.

: And you don't need a Ukrainian visa if you have a Ukrainian passport.

: However, you may have problems with the Ukrainian authorities when you try to leave Ukraine unless you previously obtained permission to live abroad permanently.

: : I'm qoing to visit my parents in Ukraine.I'm married an american man and I've got my permanent resident card a year ago.But I'm not sure if I need any papers from I.N.S., so I don't have any problems returning to the U.S.A.. Do I need visa to go to Ukraine ?(I still have my international passport from Ukraine)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ BRAMA Travel Tips Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]