[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ BRAMA Travel Tips Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jack on January 29, 2001 at 15:25:05:

In Reply to: ZHEK (Zhitlovo Ekspluatatsionaya Kontora) posted by Dan on January 29, 2001 at 11:29:35:

Hey Dan I saw your request.

You know I think the K1 in-itself is all that is really needed. I am not aware of an exit visa being required in addition to the K1.

I know I did nothing extra, I paid nothing extra for any type of "exit" visa with her K1. Maybe she acted on her own and acquired this.

With the K-1 she is allowed to enter the country one time. If she has to leave for an emergency before she is married, or before the paperwork is done is more correct because even if she is married she will not be entitled to enter the US again on the original K1. After marriage, after you have the original marriage certificate, then apply for your AOS and she will be given a stamp in her passport which serves as her temporary green card. This stamp in the passport (called like a 551 or something like that) is good for 1 year.

They do have emergency Visa's you can get, for such things as emergency's in her homeland. I hear they can cost some money and even at that it will take 3 days to get.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ BRAMA Travel Tips Bulletin Board ] [ FAQ ]