[mova] Email to the NY Times re: "Retreat of the Tongue of the Czars"

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Sun Sep 13 11:27:09 EDT 2009

fyi,

MP
pyz at brama.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 11:19:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: Max Pyziur <pyz at brama.com>
To: levy at nytimes.com
Subject: re: "Retreat of the Tongue of the Czars"

Greetings,

While I recognize that your article is a general interest piece, I think that
it would have been useful to offer a little more information.

Specifically, with respect to Ukraine, the Ukrainianization (use of the
Ukrainian language) is made a high priority in the tenth article of the
country's constitution.

"Article 10

     * The state language of Ukraine is the Ukrainian language.
     * The State ensures the comprehensive development and functioning of the
Ukrainian language in all spheres of social life throughout the entire
territory of Ukraine.
     * In Ukraine, the free development, use and protection of Russian, and
other languages of national minorities of Ukraine, is guaranteed.
     * The State promotes the learning of languages of international
communication.
     * The use of languages in Ukraine is guaranteed by the Constitution of
Ukraine and is determined by law. "

http://www.rada.gov.ua/const/conengl.htm

fyi,

Max Pyziur                                     BRAMA - Gateway Ukraine
pyz at brama.com                                  http://www.brama.com/