[mova] Roman Skaskiw - 82nd Airbourne Infantryman and writer

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Tue Dec 8 15:00:20 EST 2009

Visiting Free Ukraine: A Journey Through the Shadows of History
http://www.gonomad.com/reflections/0911/ukraine-skaskiw.html
"...
My parents were encouraged to visit Ukraine in the 1970s after a friend of
theirs did so and suffered only a long interrogation by Soviet agents. The
lady happened to run a hotel in New York’s Catskill Mountains, and her
interrogators revealed their knowledge even of the price of pierogies at
her hotel’s restaurant.
..."

Home Fires: Something Worth Fighting For  - 12/3/2009 NY Times
http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/03/home-fires-something-worth-fighting-for/

Iraq Revisited - Stanford Alumni News (3/2009)
http://www.stanfordalumni.org/news/magazine/2009/marapr/pc/iraq.html
"... Perhaps I’m abandoning idealism because I’m against these wars, but
not ready to condemn the military establishment. Were I to allow for a
small measure of idealism, I’d encourage the aspiring military types to
remember their oaths—something about supporting and defending the
Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and
domestic. ..."

Roman's Fiction, essays, travel writing and other creative work.
http://www.romanskaskiw.com/blog/

fyi,

MP
pyz at brama.com