[mova] [SEELANGS] call for papers for Slavic Linguistics Society conference (fwd)

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Tue Mar 21 13:12:01 EST 2006

fyi,

MP
pyz at brama.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:00:01 -0500
From: Laura Janda <lajanda at EMAIL.UNC.EDU>
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] call for papers for Slavic Linguistics Society conference

************************CALL FOR PAPERS************************

 			        INAUGURAL MEETING of the

                                Slavic Linguistics Society

Where: Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA
When: September 8-10, 2006
Address for all correspondence: sls2006 at unc.edu

ANNOUNCEMENT:
 	We invite you to submit an abstract to the first meeting of the Slavic
Linguistics Society on the campus of Indiana University, September 8-10, 2006.

Keynote speakers are:

Östen Dahl (Stockholm University)
Ronald Feldstein (Indiana University)
Barbara Partee (University of Massachusetts at Amherst)

The goal is to create a conference that will support our field by being as
inclusive as possible. Papers dealing with any aspect of Slavic linguistics and
within any framework are appropriate, as well as those that represent
cross-disciplinary approaches (sociolinguistics, computational linguistics,
language acquisition, etc.). The only restriction is that all papers should
address an issue pertaining to Slavic linguistics. All talks will be for 20
minutes, plus 10 minutes for discussion.

This is an historic event, at which future directions for the Slavic
Linguistics Society will be resolved. We encourage all to participate and ask
you to share this announcement with as many colleagues and students as
possible.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS: April 15, 2006

CONFERENCE WEBPAGE: http://www.unc.edu/~lajanda/sls2006.html

GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS:
Please send your abstract to sls2006 at unc.edu by April 15, 2006. Your abstract
should:

 	Be sent as an attachment
Be sent in both MicrosoftWord (.doc) and pdf formats
Contain no more than 500 words
Contain only Unicode fonts, if at all possible

As appropriate, identify the framework, describe the methodology, explain how
data will be analyzed  in other words, please be as concrete and specific as
possible in describing your paper.

All abstracts will be refereed and participants should be notified by mid-May
2006.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Laura Janda
(for the SLS conference committee)