[mova] [SEELANGS] Women's History (fwd)

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Mon Jan 16 17:36:14 EST 2006

fyi,

MP
pyz at brama.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 14:13:30 +0200
From: Maria M. Dmytrieva <xmas at ukr.net>
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Women's History

The Ukrainian Language Institute of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Department of Socio-Linguistics,

congratulates everybody on our mailing list on all the holidays, wishes all the best in the new year, informs on resuming of work of the Seminar on Gender Linguistics and invites everybody interested to the next, eighth meeting which will take place January 28, 2005, at: 37 Peremomy Ave., Kyiv, building No.1 of Kyiv Politechnical Institute (underground station „Politechnical Institute”), room 155.
Beginning at 11:00.

We welcome scholars, graduate students, undergrads, independent researchers, and   representatives of women's and youth civic organizations engaged in researching gender aspects of humanities.

This meeting will deal with women’s history. The reports planned are as follows:

1. "Image of Soviet power and independence in women’s autobiographies", Oksana Kis, Lviv.
2. "Beginnings of feminism and Christine of Pisa", Julia Blonska, Lviv.
3. "Women in Makhno’s Army", Maria Vasylieva, Bila Tserkva.
4. "Issue of higher education for women in Ukraine in the 2nd half of 19th cent.", Kateryna Kobchenko, Kyiv.

We will be grateful to you for forwarding this information to those interested.

With best regards,
Dr. Lesia Stavytska, Chair of the Seminar
Maria Dmytrieva, Coordinator of the Seminar
Julia Strebkova,  Vice-Director, Ukrainian Centre of Gender Education, Kyiv Politechnical University

For more information, write to: xmas at ua.fm, or call: (044) 287-77-95 (cell 8 066 78 34 653).

If you want to deliver a report in any of our future meetings please send your contact information as well as the topic and abstract of your intended report at xmas at ua.fm.

Detailed information on this seminar, as well as the texts of reports of the previous meetings of the seminar, are available online at:
http://www.linguistics.kiev.ua/seminar/ (sorry, Ukrainian only)

If you wish no more to receive the mailing list of our seminar please
notify us know thereof by e-mail to xmas at ua.fm.