[mova] [SEELANGS] Call for cooperation (fwd)

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Thu Dec 14 07:45:24 EST 2006

fyi,

MP
pyz at brama.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:39:15 +0100
From: Iryna Prykarpatska <iradzeva at GMAIL.COM>
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] Call for cooperation

Dear Colleagues,

My name is Iryna Prykarpatska. I am a Ph.D student at the Institute of
English Philology, Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland.
My research project is concerned with cross-cultural Ukrainian – American
comparative studies of polite speech acts, which are investigated in direct
face-to face social interactions. The whole research is based on empirical
data collected by specially constructed questionnaires administered to
native speakers of their respective languages.
In connection with the facts stated above, I would like to offer to all
those who are interested in cross –cultural comparative studies a kind of
cooperation on collection and exchange of empirical data.  Such cooperation
will save us time and money on collection of empirical data and will also
allow us to collect huge corpus of empirical data in a short period of time.
On my part, I can collect empirical data in Poland and Ukraine and send it
to the USA, on the part of an interested person it is required to collect
the empirical data in the USA and send it to me.
If my proposition is not connected with your research interests, could you
please forward this mail to your colleagues whose research interest are
similar to mine.
I do hope that you will find my offer interesting and I am looking forward
to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards,
MA Iryna Prykarpatska.
Institute of English Philology,