[mova] pomaranchEva or pomarAncheva or oranzheva ?

Nadiya Strishenets nadiyastr at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 03:33:47 EST 2005

 Irena wrote:

 Would anyone out there have any comment re where
> 'oranzheva' came from, as opposed to 'pomarancheva'
?
 ---
    I believe in our situation 'oranzheva' is the
influence of Russian "oranzhevaya". By the way,
previously we used (about the colour)
"zhovtohariachyi", "zhovtohariacha".

> 	And is it 'pomarAnchEva', or,  as I'm used to,
> 'pomaranchEva' ?
---
      The accent in this word is "pomarAncheva".

     Z pryvitom,
                  Nadiya.

Nadiya Strishenets
Head, Department of the United Nations Publications
V.Vernadsky National Library of Ukraine
3, pr.40-richia Zhovtnia   Kyiv, 03039
Tel./Fax  38 (044) 264-1594
E-mail: nadiyastr at yahoo.com