[mova] ukrainian sos

E Wayles Browne ewb2 at cornell.edu
Fri Apr 8 08:18:14 EDT 2005

Dear Adrian,
This is not standard Ukrainian.
It is Rusyn (Carpatho-Rusyn). Some people in Trans-Carpathian Ukraine,
eastern
Slovakia, and Hungary are now cultivating Rusyn as a separate language.
It says: "Later one further meeting in nature [in the open air], which
took place 1 May in a park, where the children met together with
the parents; strengthened the friendship of the children."
Best wishes,
--
Wayles Browne, Assoc. Prof. of Linguistics
Department of Linguistics

tel. 607-255-0712 (o), 607-273-3009 (h)
fax 607-255-2044 (write FOR W. BROWNE)
e-mail ewb2 at cornell.edu