[Aaus-community-list] [aaus-list] Press Releases: Ukraine's Independence Day (fwd)

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Tue Aug 24 11:13:43 EDT 2010

fyi,

MP
pyz at brama.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 09:09:07 -0500 (CDT)
To: pyz at brama.com
Subject: Press Releases: Ukraine's Independence Day

Press Releases: Ukraine's Independence Day [ http://www.state.gov/secretary/rm/2010/08/146164.htm ]"Mon, 23 Aug 2010 08:39:18 -0500"

*
Ukraine's Independence Day
*
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State Washington, DC
August 23, 2010

A video message is available here: http://www.state.gov/video/?videoid=587663945001 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfkK9ylB-5Q

Congratulations, and happy Independence Day to all Ukrainians. This August 24th, you celebrate 19 years of independence for Ukraine, and you honor the democratic values that not only Ukrainians, but also Americans, share.

I had the privilege of visiting Ukraine in July. I met with your President, Foreign Minister, university students, so many others eager to share their ideas and talents with your country. It is a testament to the determination, persistence, and spirit of the Ukrainian people that your country has made such remarkable progress in a short time. The United States is proud to be your partner. We know you will continue working with the same energy and diligence to protect and strengthen your
  democratic institutions, advance civil society, promote transparent markets to lay the basis for a future of stability and prosperity.

In the coming year, our Strategic Partnership will enhance cooperation between our countries across a broad range of issues were we are already working -- trade, investment, economic growth, energy cooperation, political dialogue, the rule of law, regional security, and territorial integrity. We will also explore ways to expand our people-to-people exchanges.

The United States has stood by Ukraine and the people of Ukraine since Independence, and we will continue to support you as you work to achieve the full benefits of democracy and all of the blessings that go with it.

PRN: 2010/1145

Back to Top [ # ]

The Office of Electronic Information, Bureau of Public Affairs, manages this site as a portal for information from the U.S. State Department.
External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein.

Update your subscriptions, modify your password or e-mail address, or stop subscriptions at any time on your Subscriber Preferences Page [ https://service.govdelivery.com/service/user.html?code=USSTATEBPA ]. You will need to use your e-mail address to log in. If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact support at govdelivery.com. Other inquires can be directed to the U.S. Department of State [ http://contact-us.state.gov/cgi-bin/state.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php
  ].

This service is provided to you at no charge by the U.S. Department of State [ http://www.state.gov/ ].

GovDelivery, Inc. sending on behalf of U.S. Department of State . 2210 C Street NW . Washington DC 20520 . 1-800-439-1420