BRAMA, Sep 3, 2004, 11:00 am ET|
Federal employees can now contribute to UNWLA via Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) charitable fundraiser
The Ukrainian National Women's League of America (UNWLA - website www.unwla.org) will participate for the first time this year in the U.S. Office of Personnel Management's Combined Federal Campaign (CFC). UNWLA is now a designated participant in the CFC and will participate as a National/International Organization in the 2004 campaign.
The Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) is the annual fund-raising drive conducted by the Federal government for Federal employees each fall. Federal employees, including military personnel, raise millions of dollars each year through the CFC, thereby benefiting thousands of non-profit charities. Federal employees are encouraged to designate their charitable donations to an organization participating in the CFC.
Iryna Kurowyckyj, President of UNWLA, urges all Federal employees of Ukrainian descent who are committed to preserving the cultural values of their heritage to designate UNWLA #2669 when making their annual payroll contribution pledges later this year. Federal employees, their families, and friends are also encouraged to urge other Federal workers to do likewise:
"This campaign is an excellent opportunity for the thousands of Federal employees of Ukrainian descent to support the cause of preserving the cultural values of their Ukrainian heritage. The funds that are raised will go towards:
- Promoting Ukrainian national identity and cultural heritage
- Informing the American public about Ukrainian culture, including Ukraine's literature, art, ideals, and aspirations
- Providing financial assistance to Ukrainians within and outside the United States, specifically through humanitarian aid, educational studies, and research in Ukrainian history and culture
- Forging effective alliances with other Ukrainian, as well as American and international, organizations for educational and charitable purposes
- Supporting the Ukrainian Museum in New York City."
Ukrainian-American Federal employees now have a unique opportunity to materially boost their efforts in promoting Ukraine's great heritage by designating the Ukrainian National Women's League of America #2669 during the 2004 Combined Federal Campaign.
Questions and requests for further information may be directed to Oksana Xenos, UNWLA Parliamentarian, at email@example.com.