BRAMA, Nov 7, 2003, 9:00 am ET|
S.RES.202, Famine Genocide resolution
Support for S.RES.202, "A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the genocidal Ukraine Famine of 1932-33"
has been growing among members of the Senate, albeit at a very slow pace.
So far, 20 Senators have become cosponsors of the resolution that was introduced by Senator Campbell.
One of the latest to sign on is Senator Chuck Schumer from New York.
The following Senators are cosponsoring S.Res.202:
- Sen Campbell, Ben Nighthorse (R-CO) - (introduced the res. 7/28/2003),
- Sen Allard, A. Wayne - 11/5/2003 [R-CO]
- Sen Allen, George - 9/2/2003 [R-VA],
- Sen Biden Jr., Joseph R. - 9/23/2003 [D-DE],
- Sen Boxer, Barbara - 10/22/2003 [D-CA],
- Sen Chambliss, Saxby - 9/23/2003 [R-GA],
- Sen Coleman, Norm - 9/9/2003 [R-MN],
- Sen Corzine, Jon - 10/16/2003 [D-NJ],
- Sen DeWine, Michael - 7/31/2003 [R-OH],
- Sen Durbin, Richard J. - 9/2/2003 [D-IL],
- Sen Feingold, Russell D. - 9/25/2003 [D-WI],
- Sen Feinstein, Dianne - 9/29/2003 [D-CA],
- Sen Kerry, John F. - 10/30/2003 [D-MA]
- Sen Lautenberg, Frank R. - 9/2/2003 [D-NJ],
- Sen Levin, Carl - 11/4/2003 [D-MI]
- Sen Mikulski, Barbara A. - 9/15/2003 [D-MD],
- Sen Santorum, Rick - 10/14/2003 [R-PA],
- Sen Sarbanes, Paul S. - 10/16/2003 [D-MD],
- Sen Schumer, Charles E. - 11/5/2003 [D-NY]
- Sen Specter, Arlen - 9/23/2003 [R-PA],
- Sen Voinovich, George V. - 7/30/2003 [R-OH]
For the text of the resolution and other information, click here:
Phone or write to the Senators that have not yet added their names to the list of sponsors. Call 202-224-3121, the Capitol switchboard, who will forward the call to your Senator's office, or go online at www.senate.gov to obtain all Senators' e-mails.
Fax a letter to Senator Lugar's office in care of Jessica Fugate at fax number 202 224 0836, send e-mails to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone Senator Lugar at the Senate Foreign Relations Committee (202) 224-4651. To contact members of the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, refer to this webpage: http://foreign.senate.gov/about.html.